[PD] Anyone working with JackTools on OSX?

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Thu Jan 8 21:43:32 CET 2004

Sean,

I am tremendously interested in extending the use of Linux apps to OSX,
although I haven't done nearly enough homework on it yet.

Sean Costello wrote:

> Is there built in Jack support in PD 0.37 for OSX? I am using a version of
> PD that installs from a nice package; would things work better if I built
> from source?

Try compiling. It really helps to understand what is going on in your
macine.

First, after downloading the source [I reccomend getting it from CVS],
edit the Makefile and remove the sections for Linux, Irix and Windows.

Then:
# ./configure --enable-jack
# make

and you will probably want to manually copy the new pd executable to
wherever you have it installed already, instead of doing the traditional
'make install'. I haven't done this on OSX yet, and different installers
seem to have differne theories about this, so do a little research to
see what works for you. You should only have to compile PD itself,
without any other externals.

Let me know how it goes!
best,
D.