[PD] [list /], [list -]?

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Fri Jan 9 17:58:40 CET 2004

stephaniebrodeur at rogers.com wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We are working on getting values from an image to a pd
> array. We are using maxlib's [tabset] to write the values
> to an array but the values are ints ranging from 0-255 and
> we'd like to get floats from -1 to 1. Since gridflow deals
> only with ints currently, are operations on lists possible
> in pd?

not in the core pd.

but there are libraries like Gem, providing [v+] [v*] (for
adding/multiplication vectors and scalars), zexy [.] (in product of
either 2 vectors or 1 vector and 1 scalar; note: zexy also provides a
[tabset] so you might get a name-clash)

furthermore there should be johannes taelman's SMlib, which provides a
lot of objects for dealing with vectors (and very complex operations too)

if you don't want to use any other lib, you could copy the content of
one table to another table (with [tabread] & [tabwrite] and doing the
math on scalars)

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes