[PD] pd_netsocket

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Fri Jan 9 21:39:38 CET 2004

On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, martin pi wrote:

> has anybody ever heard of the obejct above "pd_netsocket"? it
> obviously does some kind of telnet connection (both directions). i
> found a demo patch but not the external ...

Hi, [pd_netsocket] is a new experimental object class that is part of
GridFlow 0.7.6. This is only in the cvs. No warranties, but I'll do fixes
and improvements upon request. There is no documentation, but the source
code for it is somewhere inside gridflow/base/flow_objects.rb.

By default it uses the same protocol as Pd's [netsend], [netreceive], but
there are some switches to make it slightly different, and so adapt to
other line-oriented text protocols that are similar enough to Pd's.