[PD] slightly obvious PiDipd install issues under OSX

Michael Podolak mpodolak at ucsd.edu
Sat Jan 10 00:44:33 CET 2004

Hello-

Considering I am slightly new to OSX, I was trying to install Pidip
through Fink Commander during the past few days and ran into a bit of a
problem...

Using Han's installer package I managed to put my Pd folder in my home
directory where I bring the application forth through Terminal with the
command line "~/pd/bin/pd"  However, it seems like Pidip wants Pd to be
in

---------" /usr/local/lib/pd/   ,so that I can put PidipD in
/usr/local/lib/pd/pdp_pidip_osx  "

Where is the /usr/local/lib directory and how do I move Pd to if it is
hidden?

I was also instructed to perform the following:

---------"Modify your .pdrc file " by adding the lines:
-path /usr/local/lib/pd/pdp_pidip_osx/abstractions
-path
/usr/local/lib/pd/extra:/usr/local/lib/pd/pdp_pidip_osx/abstractions
-lib /usr/local/lib/pd/pdp_pidip_osx/pdp
Remember .pdrc is a hidden file and should be located in your /home/
folder if it is not there make one yourself.

I tried typing in these lines in Terminal and X11 to no avail... Should
this be done elsewhere in a different fashion? what exactly does this
mean?

Thank you for the help,
Podolakmichael