[PD] Re: [PD-announce] k_guile v0.0.1

Michal Seta mis at creazone.32k.org
Sat Jan 10 23:05:11 CET 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 11:34, Larry Troxler wrote:

> Yes, very nice. I think this officially obsoletes my pd_scheme library. (It
> was built on Scheme In One Day, which isn't a full-featured standard Scheme).

Since I think (or did I dream that up?) you said that you would port it
possibly to guile I was silently waiting for that to happen... :)

> Kjetil, I see you took a different approach than I did,

What I liked in Larry's extern was that I could send arbitrary scheme
expressions to it...  But I don't know if this is a real advantage,
certainly helps trying out things...

> For running something like Common Music (Michal, have you tried it yet?)

I didn't really have time to play with it so much.  Not to mention that
I'm only slowly learning scheme/lisp/CM.  I did manage to load CM and
call some functions but I haven't actually done anything useful yet.

One thing I noticed, though, is that when you load the whole CM system
into a script and then make changes in the script and reload (even
completely destroying the object and creating a new one) it in pd, pd
segfaults reliably (would there be a way to load CM once and then access
it from other .scm scripts?).  Otherwise, running simple scripts,
changing them and reloading works fine.

./MiS
--
	      _