[PD] Re: [PD-announce] k_guile v0.0.1

Michal Seta mis at creazone.32k.org
Sun Jan 11 02:34:32 CET 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 17:51, Larry Troxler wrote:

> Well, I'm sorry if you were holding your breath!

I wasn't really...

>  (but I don't think I ever said that
> I was definitely going to do it,  only that it would be nice (?))

Yeah, I think that was more like it.

> Well that's a good start! Was it straightforward?

Yup.

(load "/path/to/cm/src/cm.scm")
(cm) ; and it prints the cute ascii cm logo in the shell :)

> I'd like to be able to load up scheme inside PD,
> and then from Emacs or whatever, be able to evaluate expressions inside that
> interpreter, while PD is running (I imagine through an IP socket).

hmm... yeah...  That'd be nice.  I can't do this but if [k_guile] were
able to evaluate scheme expressions sent through an inlet it would
already be easy to hack something up.

> Hmm, right now I didn't even know that it's possible to reload a script in to
> a running PD object

k_guile extern accepts 'reload' message.

cheers,

./MiS