[PD] Re: [PD-announce] k_guile v0.0.1

Michal Seta mis at creazone.32k.org
Sun Jan 11 16:48:59 CET 2004

On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 05:02, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Could anyone give some quick pointers on how to install Common Music
> for guile (or at all) on Linux? Besides reading the SICP book I'm an
> Lisp idiot and I even use Vim, not Emacs, so any pointers would be
> welcome...

go to http://commonmusic.sf.net, download and unpack the common music
package.

Assuming you already have Guile installed (I think CM works only with
guile ATM) start it ('guile')

in the guile interpreter type:

(load "/path/to/cm/src/cm.scm")
(cm)

and you're inside CM.  You can now start fiddling around.  H.Taube's
book used to be up on the web somewhere but he took it down because i's
going to print...

There are some examples in the cm/etc directory and a reference manual
in the doc directory.

have fun.

BTW, what's SICP book?

-- ./MiS