[PD] Re: [PD-announce] k_guile v0.0.1

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Sun Jan 11 21:05:13 CET 2004

On Sunday 11 January 2004 11:36, Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen wrote:

> Hmm, are you sure its not easier to use metro or something?
> It shouldn't be to hard to implement though.

Not to me, but then again, everyone's different, and with something so
open-ended as PD, who knows, I could be the only person who misses a built in
timer.

Once I had scheme inside a PD box, I wanted to make sequencers, rhythm
generators, etc.

Sure, you could have an output of the scheme box be a delay time till the next
trigger, but then you have to wire it through a [delay] and back to some
input pin. I just personally found it worthwhile to implement internally,
rather than having to go through this artificial external self-patching each
time ., that's all. No big deal.

Larry