[PD] Re: [PD-announce] k_guile v0.0.1

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Jan 11 23:29:58 CET 2004

Hallo,
Dave Phillips hat gesagt: // Dave Phillips wrote:

> And Frank: Lisp is 'way cool, very easy to learn, you'll get used to it
> quickly. You don't need to learn everything about the language to use
> the Common apps, and if you have any background in another language
> you'll find Lisp very straightforward to acquire.

Well, I do know Lisp a littly bit. Re: Micheal: The SCIP book, which I
read (first half only yet) is a seminal book in computer science fully
pronounced: "Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs".  Full
text is online here: http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp/ It uses Scheme as
example language.

But as with Go or Chess: knowing the rules, which are very simple in
Lisp, is one thing, and in the case of Go, Chess and Lisp it seems to
be the most tiny thing in mastering the game. As I never really *used*
Lisp, be it in music or in Emacs, I termed myself a "Lisp idiot". ;)

ciao