[PD] unable to use pix_video from gem

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Tue Jan 13 08:48:42 CET 2004

0 wrote:
>>From what I know (someone correct me if I'm wrong) only NT is supported by pix_video. However, pix_video_ds supports XP. You can find pix_video_ds through the list archive or google. You may also need a Hauppage capture driver if you're trying to use a firewire card that doesn't have its own capture driver. But if you're capturing through your radeon you should already have all the drivers you need. If it doesn't work out too easily let me know and I'll look for the documentation I used to get it to work.

alert: pix_video_ds is built into recent versions of Gem anyhow.
you can check which version of [pix_video] (the original WDM or the
DirectShow based) is loaded by trying to open the reference-patch
(right-click).

the SimpleVideo-patch might not really work with the DirectShow version,
as the interface (aka: messages understood) is a bit different. you
cannot set the dimension/input/format directly but have to use a
popup-dialog (which i find very annoying but haven't been able to fix)

mfga.sdr.
IOhannes