[PD] Re: [PD-announce] k_guile v0.0.1

Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen k.s.matheussen at notam02.no
Tue Jan 13 14:13:20 CET 2004

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Larry Troxler wrote:

> Kjetil, I'm very confused now, upon reading the source for k_guille: what's
> the point of the "global_scm.txt" and "local_scm.txt" files that are included
> in the source and evaluated. Why not just (load) the corresponding scheme
> files instead?

Oops, global_scm.txt and local_scm.txt isn't supposed to be in the
repository. They are autogenerated by the gen_c_scheme.py program.
Will remove. But, local.scm can't be (load)-ed, because its inside a
function called "pd-instance-func" (see k_guile_load). The function works
like this:

(define (pd-instance-func pd-instance)
  (eval-file "local.scm")
  (eval-file file)
  (pd-set-inlet-func)
  (pd-set-cleanup-func))

and is created and defined for each time a file is loaded in k_guile.

The second reason is that by including global.scm and local.scm
directly into the k_guile.pd-linux binary instead of loading the
files somehow, there is no problem finding those
files when running the k_guile external. local.scm and global.scm aren't
supposed to be changed very often anyway.