[PD] bug: empty comments

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jan 13 14:46:48 CET 2004

David NG McCallum wrote:
> Miller,
>
> I just noticed this, but if you clear a comment of all of its contents,
> it comes back the next time that you open the patch as a "comment" comment.
>
> David

this should be intentional.
a comment that consists of an empty string is normally unwanted (if you
don't want any comment, remove it).
is still in the pd-file and since nobody would find it (invisible as it
is) it would only make patches bigger and bigger.
now, one solution would be to silently drop empty comments and not save
them in the patch.
however, i find the current solution much more polite.

mfg.as.rd
IOhannes