[PD] Very long sample.

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Thu Jan 15 01:47:24 CET 2004

On Wednesday 14 January 2004 16:33, Julien Jassaud wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I need to play a very long track (in aif format) in pd (about an hour
> and a half), but it seems (I expected it a little) that this  is much
> too long for soundfiler.

What does soundfiler do again? Just make sure you're not trying to load the
whole thing in to an array. What are you using to play the file - readsf~ ?

>  Is there a way to load such a big sample in
> pd and read it?

No, the answer is _not_ to load it all in at once.

> The track was composed with protools, which plays it perfectly. Is
> there a way for pd to grab the track while it is played by protools (or
> any other sound utility)?

You don't say what OS you're running - on Linux, you could patch your file
player into the audio input of PD, using Jack. But I think protools is a
Microsoft OS app, right?