[PD] Re: [PD-announce] k_guile v0.0.1

Larry Troxler lt at westnet.com
Thu Jan 15 02:31:50 CET 2004

On Monday 05 January 2004 12:10, Michal Seta wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-01-05 at 06:15, Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen wrote:
> > k_guile is a guile PD external.
>
> wow.  cool.  Common Music within pd is now possible...

Ok, and I know this is probably an ignorant question, but could you possibly
be a bit more specific? (Sorry I lost your original reply). I know you said
it's just a matter of loading it and then running (cm),  but where did you do
this? Does CM really keep it's state between k_quille objects? I.e. can you
make an object that reads items from a stream, and then create other objects
that read items from the same stream? What happens if you close all your
objects, and then re-open them again? is the state of Common Music still
preserved?

Sorry for sounding so confused, but I am :-) I had always thought that the
only way to make this kind of persistence work would be to load the thing as
a library, once, and once only. It's kind of confusing me to think of how
this concept works in the case of a load-on-demand library in linux...

I still have the feeling that I'm missing a very basic point here, or else I
am completely misunderstanding what Kjetil is telling me...

Larry