[PD] quattro, oss layer and 0.37-1 test3

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Thu Jan 15 14:58:45 CET 2004

> I followed the tips below and it worked, (great!) but the sound is
> glitchy at all -audiobuf and sample rate settings.  I assume it should
> work smoothly- should I try a new version of alsa?  I am still hanging
> on to 9.2 because it works with the quattro and pd 0.36-0- I don't
> want to lose the combination until something else works...
> Thanks for any hints
> Tim Barrass
i'm using it with alsa 1.0.0-rc2 or alsa that is included in kernel
2.6.1-rc3 ... i don't get any clicks/glitches ... and i currently use
audiobuf settings of 30 ms, sample rate 44100 ... i haven't tried 0.9.2
with the pd 0.37, but it should work ... can you describe the errors you
get? do you get a constant distortion? i experienced that in 0.37 before
1test3 ... do you get this sound on all channels or only on the first 2
channels?

 Tim                          mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de
                              ICQ: 96771783
--
The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live,
the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn,