[PD] linux webcam for pd advise needed

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Fri Jan 16 04:23:01 CET 2004

On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 11:49:01PM +0100, Johannes Taelman wrote:
> hi,
>
> For low-light environments, you should avoid CMOS-sensors, they make a
> lot of noise. The common CCD-sensor USB webcams are the Philips PWC740
> and the Logitech Quickcam pro 4000.

I have a "Logitech QuickCam Notebook Pro" which uses the same sensor.
The image quality is very good. I bought it because there's not many
webcams on the market that works with Linux...

> check http://www.smcc.demon.nl/webcam/

There's a problem with these webcams; they need a binary only
decompressing kernel module, supposedly optional. :-(

--
Marc