[PD] pd with -jack & -rt

Michal Seta mis at creazone.32k.org
Mon Jan 19 04:44:07 CET 2004

Hi all,

I've been experiencing a problem with running pd -rt -jack for some
time now.  After starting pd I get:

watchdog: signaling pd...

and of course pd doesn't respond to any commands.
At some point I thought the problem was gone but it isn't.

I experienced this with recent 0.37 releases from Miller and from CVS
(today I checked the latest tarball from Miller and did a CVS
update).  The interesting aspect of it is that if I run pd from within
the releases's bin directory it behaves correctly.  The above
behaviour partains only to the version installed system-wide and only
with the -rt -jack switches together.

my system:
Mandrake 9.1, gcc 3.2.2, Mdk multimedia kernel  2.4.21, jack version
0.93.6, tcl/tk 8.3

I have seen a mention of this behaviour that had something to do with
tk8.4 but it was working for me until recently.  Perhaps it's only
misconfiguration on my side?

I will be grateful for any ideas.

-- ./MiS
	      _