[PD] pd with -jack & -rt

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Mon Jan 19 12:26:10 CET 2004

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Michal Seta wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been experiencing a problem with running pd -rt -jack for some
> time now.  After starting pd I get:
>
> watchdog: signaling pd...
>
> and of course pd doesn't respond to any commands.
> At some point I thought the problem was gone but it isn't.

Hi,

I couldn't reproduce until now, because my SBLive has a minimum
latency setting of 512 samples.

Now, using the playback only trick I got down to 256 and ...
I have the same behaviour.

I had this problem fixed in CVS once, but it seems that it got
changed back, but it is quite easy to fix:

in s_inter.c, in the function sys_set_priority(int higher)
change the line

p3 = (higher ? p2 - 1 : p2 - 3);

p3 = (higher ? p1 + 3 : p1 + 1);

.. let me know if it works

Thanks for reporting,

Guenter

PS: I will update the CVS as soon as sourceforge lets me.