[PD] trouble with fluid~ external

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jan 20 02:06:26 CET 2004

Hallo,

Daniel Hawthorn hat gesagt: // Daniel Hawthorn wrote:
> I tried all suggestions, and finally ended up recompiling libfluidsynth
> to get it to work.  However, now "add_history" is coming up as an
> undefined symbol when I attempt to instantiate a fluid~ object.  Any
> ideas on that one?

That's a similar problem, this time it's libreadline. I do link
libreadline in the Makefile ("-lreadline") and normally this is enough
to let fluid~ be happy. If you built libfluidsynth without readline,
then remove -lreadline from fluid~'s makefile. Of course, readline
isn't needed for the fluid~ external, so if all else fails, you could
recompile libfluidsynth again (sorry), now without readline. While
you're at it, make sure you also disable libfluidsynth's LADSPA
support, because this is buggy in libfluidsynth and the bug leads to a
Pd crash in certain circumstances (for example on my machine).

ciao