[PD] Granular synthesis

Michal Seta mis at creazone.32k.org
Tue Jan 20 15:10:59 CET 2004

"sandra pauletto" <spaulettonew at hotmail.com> writes:

> I had a look at the list archive, but emails about granular synthesis
> seem quite old so maybe there is something new out there....

I think you can go ahead and try it.  I have a patch on my machine
called granular2.0, unfortunately I don't know who made it, it's a
port of a granulator made for Max/MSP.  It uses an abstractin that
does the job so it might be useful if you want to brew your own.  If
you came accross this patch, have a look, if not, contact me and I can
send you a copy.  Mind you, it does not synthesize.  It granulates a
soundifle (which has to be first loaded into an array), which may not
be what you're looking for.

There has also been a little demo of pulsar synthesis
 http://www.nullpointer.co.uk/-/pd.htm
based on Curtis Roads' 'Microsound' wihch is quite nice and 'fresher'
 approach to granular synthesis.

Otherwise there were a couple of externs that I have seen around but
never really got into using them.

-- ./MiS
	      _
      __  __ (_)___   Michal Seta