[PD] readanysf~ 0.11 crashes PD

stotz oliver at klingt.org
Sat Jan 24 16:28:20 CET 2004

hi list,

decided to put all the answers i got about this issue in one reply - hope this
doesn't confuse...

Zitat von august <august at alien.mur.at>:

> where can I get a pd-36 ?

from miller puckette's website,
http://crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/software.html

> I haven't touched readanysf in over 4-5 months.  I just downloaded it
> yesterday and compiled with a cvs flext and a cvs pd.  all seemed to work
> just fine.
>
> does pd crash anyway with alsa ?  mine does.  I simply can't get alsa to
> work with PD anymore.

no, seems to work fine with alsa, though i once DID have a serious system (!)
freeze when i started PD with no flags !!!

maybe oss would do better

Zitat von CK <x at meta.lo-res.org>:

> hi oliver,
>
> I read:
> > I'm still using pd 0.36 (probably a bad idea) on a debian system.
> > although i succeeded in compiling readanysf~, it crashes PD anytime
> > i create it.
>
> did you also compile flext or are you using a precompiled version ?

i compiled flext 0.4.1. before compiling "readanysf~". the newest flext version
wouldn't compile on my system, don't know why. but the readme in "readanysf~"
said, that any flext - version > 0.4 would do.

Zitat von Norbert Math <n at alien.mur.at>:

> i have readanysf~ running solid on debian testing with pd 0.36-0, oss.

so maybe i'll give that a try or update to 0.37

thanks for all answers

oliver