[PD] writesf~ blockalign bug

Emmanuel Rio emmanuel.rio at m4x.org
Sat Jan 24 19:25:52 CET 2004

	Dear list,

	I noticed a very little bug in writesf~ when trying to read in Windows
Media Player sound files written with PD's writesf~. This problem occurs
when writing WAV files with 2 or more channels. Such files are not
recognized by Windows Media Player, whereas Adobe Audition (in my case)
manages to read them. By saving the file read by Audition and comparing
the original with the copy, I noticed that the BlockAlign value written
by writesf~ in the WAV header is not correct. Whereas it should be :
	nBlockAlign = nChannels * (nBitsPerSample / 8)
it remains nBitsPerSample/8, i.e. 2 in my case, and does not change
according to the number of channels.
	My configuration (if helpful) :
OS : Windows XP
PD : pd-0.37-0.msw

	BTW, any link to a bug list for PD would be appreciated.

	Best regards,

	Emmanuel Rio