[PD] writesf~ blockalign bug

ix ix at paragon.replic.net
Sun Jan 25 03:39:17 CET 2004

> 	I noticed a very little bug in writesf~ when trying to read in
> 	Windows Media Player sound files written with PD's writesf~. This problem

headers aside, windows media player has trouble with files from many other apps besides pd/writesf~. in my experience it completely fails to play 24 bit files, despite claims by several soundcard vendors including mine that their cards are the "choice for full-spectrum, full-resolution audio (24 bit/96 kHz sampling) with Windows Media 9.0". and like winamp generally plays either silence of static for 32 bit files. the only app that seems to play everything properly is foobar, http://www.foobar2000.org/ , it has a number of output options including ASIO - try it out..