[PD] Re: [PD-dev] SourceForge "Donations"

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Jan 25 07:11:37 CET 2004

Yes, there are many thorny issues to be discussed there, and a personal
meeting would be awesome, but that's not going to be possible anytime
soon.  But I think that a bounties system like this one could work
really well.

As for getting paid for writing open source software, I think that a
lot of people who use Pd would be willing to give money to get the
features that they want.  Sure anyone could do it themself, but
oftentimes its much easier to pay the person that is already deep in
it.  Also, there are a lot of good coders writing things for Pd, so if
someone likes the code that someone is cranking out, paying them would
encourage them to crank out more code.

All this almost makes me want to get a full time job so I can start
paying people!! ;)

.hc