[PD] Re: [PD-dev] SourceForge "Donations"

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Jan 25 10:46:14 CET 2004

Hallo,
marius schebella hat gesagt: // marius schebella wrote:

> Then "a lot of people" would be willing (because they had no other choice)
> to pay for Pd like buying a chair at IKEA. So my suggestion would be to talk
> about the price of Pd.

Do you mean this serious? If Pd would cost money I would stop
developing with and for it.

BTW: Sourceforge donations can be directed to individual developer's,
too. This came through SF's site news in December:

  "Besides projects accepting donations, users on SF.NET will be able
  to do so, as well.  Again this is an ''opt-in'' feature.  Starting
  today, if a user replies to your email with helpful information,
  responds to a support request, or is just overly helpful to you, you
  can now give him/her a few dollars to show your appreciation.  Given
  how much time one can save with the guidance of a knowledgeable
  developer, this new system is a good way for everyone to win. "

So if someone wants to try to get money, just opt-in.

ciao