[PD] PD Freeze when opening Properties was: no subject ;-)

luigi rensinghoff luigi_r001 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 25 13:45:00 CET 2004

Maybe we can find that sucker !

I tried to reconstruct the misbehaviour and its like
that:

I run jack as root with

jackd -v  -d alsa -d hw:0 -r 44100 -p 512

and pd with

-jack
-rt
-midiindev 3
-midioutdev 3
-inchannels 8
-outchannels 8

i open the testtone.pd patch, duplicate the toggle nr
6 change name send and receive fields to number 7 and
OK!

When i run jack as USER with

jackstart -v -R -d alsa -d hw:0 -r 44100 -p 1024

and pd with

-jack
-rt
-midiindev 3
-midioutdev 3
-inchannels 2
-outchannels 8

I do the same as above and it freezes.

It freezes as well if i just ad a toggle from the menu
right-click it and enter the properties menu !

I thought it has to do with rights of testtone.pd but
i changed it to 777 at its the same