[PD] PD Freeze when opening Properties was: no subject ;-)

Miller Puckette mpuckett at man104-1.ucsd.edu
Sun Jan 25 22:38:49 CET 2004

OK, I got different symptoms but it's similar.  For some reason, when
jackd isn't root, jack and Pd don't work together at all, and Pd's
jack code apparently hangs.  I've got it to stop hanging (and just fail)
but it's still a problem that you can't close and re-open the jack connection
from Pd -- it hangs on the second attempt to open.  It looks as if the
code that closes jack (s_audio_jack.c) doesn't actually close anything.

So I've patched this up partially but there's more work to be done (preferably
by someone who understands jack, which I'd prefer to avoid having to learn
about!)

This doesn't look as if it's related to the "screen distance" bug, which I
still can't figure out how to re-create!

cheers
Miller