[PD] Re: [PD-dev] SourceForge "Donations"

cgc cgc at humboldtblvd.com
Mon Jan 26 06:16:41 CET 2004

On Jan 25, 2004, at 8:19 PM, Yves Degoyon wrote:

> *LOL* specifically not targetting the list here, I really can't count
> the times I heard the mac(tm) boot chord
> at least, it's composed by Brian Eno,
> so you get a good value out of your money, no ?

Eno composed the Windows 95 startup sound.  Just check the 'Properties'
on the startup.wav file to see him credited as the author.

Max can be very stable.  We did something like 75 Tortoise gigs with
two Powerbooks running OS 9 Max and Nato, and had only one crash for
each box due to extreme heat or other external conditions.  The G3
'smurf' tower doing the audio analysis and OSC sender chores locked up
a fair amount - in some cases the power cord had to be pulled out of it
to shut it down.  The only difference was that one ran MSP, which,
after doing loads of gigs using it, I have to say has not ever been
stable.

My first time out with pd/GEM, resulted in two seg- faults in only a
handful of gigs.  Of course it didn't help that I was using a fair
amount of untested code!  The bugs were fixed pretty quickly afterwards
though. ;)

cgc