[PD] pd 0.37-1 test 6 compile errors

matthew shanley mshanley at alum.rpi.edu
Mon Jan 26 07:04:32 CET 2004

Miller,

making that replacement gave the exact same results.

i started looking around, and came across a few things. as a warning
though, i only know a little c, and nothing at all about pd code or any
kind of project this big, so where i went with this might be way off
base and not at all helpful.

i noticed though that the string "CLK_TCK" wasn't located in any of the
files linked to in the "#ifdef UNIX" block at the beggining of that
file. searching the fedora list i came across this page:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2003-November/msg05569.html
with a similar error. the file "unistd.h" still doesn't include the
string "CLK_TCK" on my machine, but just for the heck on if i got a
freshly extracted version of the tarball and added "#include <unistd.h>"
to the "#ifdef UNIX" block (leaving the rest of the file the way you
originally wrote it). when i went to do a make this time, it seemed to
make it past the point where i got an error last time, but then got to a
new error:
  vexp.c:297: warning: declaration of `exp' shadows a global declaration
<built-in>:0: warning: shadowed declaration is here
vexp.c:906: warning: declaration of `exp' shadows a global declaration
<built-in>:0: warning: shadowed declaration is here
vexp.c:941: warning: declaration of `exp' shadows a global declaration
<built-in>:0: warning: shadowed declaration is here
vexp.c:1213: warning: declaration of `exp' shadows a global declaration
<built-in>:0: warning: shadowed declaration is here
vexp.c:1251: warning: declaration of `exp' shadows a global declaration
<built-in>:0: warning: shadowed declaration is here
vexp.c:1310: warning: declaration of `exp' shadows a global declaration
<built-in>:0: warning: shadowed declaration is here
vexp.c:1358: warning: declaration of `exp' shadows a global declaration
<built-in>:0: warning: shadowed declaration is here
vexp.c:1401: warning: declaration of `exp' shadows a global declaration
<built-in>:0: warning: shadowed declaration is here
vexp.c:1555: warning: declaration of `exp' shadows a global declaration
<built-in>:0: warning: shadowed declaration is here
make[1]: *** [vexp.pd_linux_o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/arkadyan/dl/pd-0.37-1test6/extra/expr~'
make: *** [externs] Error 2

(those are just the last of a long list of similar warnings).

so at this point i'm totally lost (or maybe i was all along). i'm not
sure if this is the result of something i screwed up or if i fixed the
problem and came across a new bug. i wish i could be of more help.

matt