[PD] more osx/jack issues?

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Tue Jan 27 00:47:15 CET 2004

Chris,

I am sure not an OSX guru, but maybe I can ask a few questions to get
the ball rolling:

Chris Madak wrote:
>  first, pd doesn't seem to recognize -jack (as in "./pd
> -rt -jack") at the command line.

What error does it throw?

> i realize that pd doesn't exactly work per se with jack under osx yet,
> but i thought i'd take a shot at it.  any thoughts?

Did you compile PD with the --enable-jack option? If you used somebody
else's installer, this almost certainly didn't happen. If PD was not
compiled with Jack support, you won't get anywhere.

Of course, apologies if you have done so. These are just the easy things
I can think of off the top of my head ;-)

best,
D.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl