[PD] Can anyone tell me not to buy a Quattro or a UA-20?

Dan Wilken cubis at comcast.net
Tue Jan 27 10:49:04 CET 2004

List,

I'm looking to buy a sound-card. According to past posts on the list,
both the Midiman Quattro and the Ediroyal UA-20 seem like good options
with reliable Linux and OSX experiences. Has anyone had recent
experience to the contrary? Is there another 4 channel I'm overlooking?
PD, Jack...

Has anyone unplugged these during a performance and moved them to
another machine, leaving the original behind playing through the PCI
(or built in) card? Mac and Linux.

Also, do either of these reduce CPU load? Do the PCI cards do this more
effectively? Enough so to change my mind?

Thanks in advance,
Dan