[PD] Can anyone tell me not to buy a Quattro or a UA-20?

marc_widmer metafor at gmx.net
Tue Jan 27 15:19:49 CET 2004

Hi Dan

As Frank Barknecht wrote, the Quattro is, at least for me, not the best
buy.
I had problem to get it working properly on debian 2.4.22 with low
latency patch
and jack (tested on two machines). And i've heared some rumours that it
will "never"
work on 2.6.

On OSX the card is working but i've stumbled over some strange behaviour
in MAX.
The card crashes after 2-5 minutes and i had to reset the samplerate to
get it working again.
(i'm not using OSX often, so it's probably something known which could
be solved with some
clicks)

so better wait for Frank's results.
cheers