[PD] readanysf~ 0.11 crashes PD

Thomas Grill t.grill at gmx.net
Wed Jan 28 12:07:06 CET 2004

Hi Tim,

> it seems that there is a problem with the allocation of larger areas of
> memory... (operator new() is executed 261748 times)
>
> i'll try to downdate my flext ... but thomas, if you could explain to
> me, what you intend to do with your operator new() function, i could
> have a look at it...

The only difference is that with the new allocation method the PD functions
are used, while previous versions of flext used the ones of the c library.
I'm not sure if the PD memory allocation can deal with the large number of
implicit allocations of the C++ language.
The reason for using the PD functions are that they may be faster but even
that has to be verified. I'll shortly do some tests...

best greetings,
Thomas