[PD] PDP or GEM linux DV CAM

dmotd inaudible at dart.net.au
Wed Jan 28 15:20:15 CET 2004

paolo-

you should be able to compile dv1394 (dv stream) support into ffmpeg
itself.. or perhaps they have recently disabled this option? may work
but still not very 'elegant'.  my advice, buy a cheap tv/capture card
and get v4l working, it's great!

if the ffmpeg solution works, it may support dv output, but be warned
this is likely to be haphazard and choppy no matter what.  most video
cards offer tvoutput, find one of them..

-dmotd