[PD] Pd Console (fwd)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 29 01:44:04 CET 2004

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Miller Puckette wrote:

> I've been planning to do this for years...

I've been working on this for hours...

Besides I also plan a lot of things that still don't happen after a few
years. Look at my TODO list =)

> so probably I'll put this into pd 0.38 (once I finish dealing with all
> the bugs in 0.37... maybe that will never happen...)

Well, the way I have designed the patch, it is OFF by default, and it
should be fairly easy to check that unless you write "-console" on Pd's
commandline, it doesn't do anything, so even though it's an experimental
feature, it's nonintrusive, and should be appliable right now safely.

[note: If this were a nonoptional feature, I would have recommended
waiting]

Btw, jMax has had that for many years... and it's an optional feature too
(Though ON by default).

> One complication: in 0.38 I want to make scheduled graphics updates so
> that even extremely graphics-heavy patches run without dac underruns.
> The GUI post() will have to be fixed to deal with flow control
> somehow.

Have you read my mail about sys_gui()? what do you think of that?