[PD] auto login + auto run pd on linux

Zachris Trolin z at hidekultur.com
Thu Jan 29 10:21:33 CET 2004

ons 2004-01-28 klockan 14.59 skrev marius schebella:

> > also i have stupidly locked myself out my root account by:
> > chsh -s /sbin/nologin
> > i thought this would bypass the login procedure - whoops!
> > how can i get my root account back?
> > this is my real problem at the moment
> > thanks,
> > rob

I guess you could login as an ordinary user and then use su - this is
probably the easy and best way,

if you feel like doing something harder and more complicated you could
probably boot as singleuser and fixup the root accound - also if you
want security in your installation unprotected singleuser possiblility
may be something you want to prevent. But it's probaly overkill.

--
Zachris Trolin <z at hidekultur.com>