[PD] Re: [PD-dev] SourceForge "Donations"

Nuno Ferreira haptic_if at sapo.pt
Thu Jan 29 15:44:29 CET 2004

Well, guess what? IANAL but reading the PD licence
(http://www.pure-data.org/about/pdlicense - see bellow for relevant
part) one definitly gets the idea that you close the source downstream.

"...Modifications to this software may be copyrighted by their authors
and need not follow the licensing terms described here, provided that
the new terms are clearly indicated on the first page of each file where
they apply.
..."

GPL is IMHO the only way to go, but I guess you can however do what you
want to do.

Note however that even GPL doesn't _forbid_ you from selling your work
it only prevents you from keeping the source secret from *your clients*