[PD] snd-emu10k1 multichannel output (more info?!)

dmotd inaudible at dart.net.au
Fri Jan 30 10:47:02 CET 2004

 thanks for the info, but i was hoping to get this thing working with
 alsa..  i can use aplay to route sounds to front and rear as defined
 in the default EMU10K1.conf..
  ie ..
   'aplay -D rear 2ch-soundfile.wav'
     works as expected,
   'aplay -D surround40 4ch-soundfile.wav'
     does too, but..
   'pd -alsa -outchannels 4'
     still routes all [dac~ 1 2 3 4] to the front speakers,
     and ignores the slave channels..
 i'm guessing there is a method of making this work, (is it possible
 to use the slave channels with the OSS emulation? ie. /dev/dsp1 for
 rear) i haven't found anything useful on the alsa wiki..
 frank? others?

cheers
dmotd