[PD] get my ip

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl at folkwang-hochschule.de
Fri Jan 30 11:54:16 CET 2004

Hi,

I use the enclosed shell script. For this to work you will need the
following:

- the "ifconfig" command to work for the user owning the pd process
- the "shell" external

Copy the attached script "ip_num.sh" somewhere, where it's seen by the
shell (like /usr/local/bin). This script uses grep to find the
relevant line in the ifconfig output. For me the keyword is P-T-P as
I'm on a dialup network. Adjust to your situation. If you can invoke
the script from a console and it returns the ip number, you should be
set with the attached pd patch.

--
Orm