[PD] get my ip

Olaf Matthes olaf.matthes at gmx.de
Fri Jan 30 12:15:57 CET 2004

noskule wrote:

> hi list
> i need the ip of my computer to do a netsendconnection as client  to a
> server (other computer with pd patch). so i want to send my ip to the
> server that it is able to connect back to my. is there a method for
> the client patch to get its own ip  . .. ore exists a get_my_Ip
> external ore somthing . . .?

you could use netserver and netclient from maxlib instead since they
provide bidirectional communication. You thus only need to know the IP
of the server and once the connection is made (by the client) the server
can send data to the client.

get it at http://www.akustische-kunst.org/puredata/maxlib/

Olaf