[PD] PD and Jack

luigi rensinghoff luigi_r001 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 13:56:31 CET 2004

--- Melissa Corso <melissa_corso at lycos.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     I am trying to run PD with Jack. I have tried
> with Linux and keep getting an error message i/o
> stuck. It was suggested I try to use the HDSP 9632
> audio card with jack. However, the error (i/o stuck)
> still occurs when trying to run Jack. I have not
> used Jack and I may be starting it incorrectly. If
> anyone knows what commands I should use in order to
> get Jack to run with PD it would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
>                         -Melissa Corso

Do you run as root or as user ???

What is you exact configuration and version ??

pd compiled with jack support ???

I got this error when running jack as root and pd as
user

I would suggest you first run maybe alsaplayer with
jack to see if its running, after that you can try
with pd

you need to connect alsaplayer or pd outs with
alsa_pcm.....
either by jack_connect or sthg similar

There is a qjaconnect and qjackctl out there that
helps to make it a little bit easier.

Its quite a hassle, but there are some good tutorials around.