[PD] PDP or GEM linux DV CAM

Yves Degoyon ydegoyon at free.fr
Fri Jan 30 22:06:20 CET 2004

hi,

yep, you're right, it's not directly compatible
but i meant, a camera you can plug on a video 4 linux device
( http://home.t-online.de/home/gunther.mayer/bttv/bttv-gallery.html ).
there's a nifty usb adaptor at the bottom of the page ( Provideo PV-321C ),
i'd like to get one soon .

of course, it would go through analog conversion.

this chapter is quite interesting for me because
i must do a capture object for mac osx and there's no
video 4 linux on OSX.

so, Gem is supporting ie1394 capture on all platforms ?
it is digital capture through firewire?
does it work good or do you need a fast
machine to cope with the bitrate ?

we might do a pdp_ie1394 object,
but what about usb cams then ?
how do they work on OSX ?

i kinda of ignorant in the DV field actually
because we mostly use USB webcams.

thx for enlighting me,
sevy