[PD] get my ip

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Jan 30 22:38:30 CET 2004

On Friday, Jan 30, 2004, at 08:20 America/New_York, Orm Finnendahl
wrote:

> Am 30. Januar 2004, 14:05 Uhr (+0100) schrieb marius schebella:
>> for Windows it is "ipconfig" or (in older version, like W95
>> "winipcfg").
>> M.
>
> I wasn't aware that it could be on a windows machine. In that case
> you'd also need "grep" and "sed". Maybe someone knows their respective
> names on windows.

I would highly recommend using Olaf's netclient/netserver from Maxlib.
It'll give you this info quite easily and save a ton of scripting time.
  I tried the scripting route and it was going to be a regex-o-rama, to
the point where I was thinking of writing a Pd object just for getting
the machine's IP.  Then I figured out how to do it better with
netclient/netserver.

Anyway, you can get grep and sed for Windows from Cygwin:
http://cygwin.com

.hc