[PD] maybe a stupid question

CK x at meta.lo-res.org
Tue Feb 3 21:50:01 CET 2004

I read:
> I would like to create a simple audio prg, but I need an audio library, =
> it would be possible to use PD as an engine to create another program, =
> like a library?

well I'd say pd is not ideally suited for your purpose

> Otherwise, can you please suggest me an open-source audio library? I =
> need it works under linux and windows (that's why I thought of PD as an =
> audio engine).

well what is your program supposed to do in the end ?
playback audio ? look at sdl or portaudio, read/write soundfiles ?
then probably libsndfile might be for you , there a re lot's of
other libs that do more specific tasks like fftw, libresample, stk,
audioality and tons of others

regards,

chris at lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
http://pilot.fm/	special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.com)