[PD] Re: [PlanetCCRMA] Response to Fernando: Audio I/O stuck with both ALSA and Jack

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue Feb 3 22:35:05 CET 2004

> As you suggested, I got Jack starting with the command
> jackstart -R -d alsa -d hw -r 44100. When doing this I got:
>
> [lspmc at d68h203 lspmc]$ jackstart -R -d alsa -d hw -r 44100
> back from read, ret = 1 errno == Success
> jackd 0.91.1
> Copyright 2001-2003 Paul Davis and others.
> jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> under certain conditions; see the file COPYING for details

> creating alsa driver ... hw|hw|1024|2|44100|0|0|nomon|swmeter|rt|32bit
> configuring for 44100Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods

Sounds good, jack is up and running (at least it is not complaining :-)

> However there was no prompt given after to put the command pd -jack.

Well, open another terminal and execute pd from there. Jack "uses" the
terminal until you stop it (with <ctrl>-c).

> qjackctl did not work:
>
> [lspmc at d68h203 lspmc]$ qjackct1
> bash: qjackct1: command not found
> [lspmc at d68h203 lspmc]$

Do you have it installed? ("rpm -q qjackctl" to see if it is there). If
it is installed be careful, the last character is the letter "l", not
the number "1" (as in the command line you copied).

> I also removed the OSS drivers you suggested and my files now look like this:
>
> [lspmc at d68h203 lspmc]$ /sbin/lsmod

The modules seem to be fine to my eyes...
-- Fernando