[PD] pd-msg toggle init

Matthew Nish-Lapidus mattn-l at rogers.com
Wed Feb 4 14:54:38 CET 2004

Hi,

One solution, and one that I've used, is to use [makesymbol] to build
your pd-msg message.   Make the pd-msg into a bunch of $1 $2 type
variables and then use makesymbol to build the strings... that way by
the time the $0 gets to the toggle it will already be parsed out into
the full ID number.. which should be fine assuming that the constructor
(pd-msg stuff) is in the same abstraction/sub-patch as the final
toggle.  That way the $0 will be the same in both.

Matt.