[PD] A newbie needs first aid!

Mario Wienerroither digitalofen at gmx.at
Wed Feb 4 23:18:55 CET 2004

Maybe its good, maybe its not, what's happening here now.
My intention was not to give a bang for psychological
discussions like that.
I think, I should try to lower the heat of emotions now.
When I asked for 'first aid' via this discussion board, I
didn't even think about the possibility, someone would
send me a whole patch for my (it was only a small part
of the whole) project.
Sure, it helped a lot, but just as I said... it was not the
whole project. The main thing were the 60 video-clips
we filmed for that, together with the picture-processin-
stuff, sound design with NI Reaktor and so on. I should
have said earlier, that the PD-patch is not the whole
project. Maybe then my situation would have been clearer
to other people.
I've worked (only in PD) for 17 hours for the project...
just because of Brandons and every others help relating
to PD. Some things were new to me (e.g. Framestein),
that gave me the reason to spend time with that for
understanding it. And it made project much more
better than it would have been without external
informations. I saw the whole thing as a learning
process. Its not, that I got the patch and showed it to my
teacher; I had to understand it and connect it to the rest
of the mains patch elements, together with all the material
the project is based upon in order to work together.
Yes, and I really learned a lot by doing that. Once I
hated PD, now, after working with it in a very intensive
way, I think I continue working with it.
I was really happy when I saw, that the community-members
here are helping each other; even if some beginner like me
asks for help. In some game-developer-communities the
situation is a bit different. It seems as if the professionals
only help other professionals.
So please don't think about changing you minds. This
community should be a place for helping each other.

Something else... my tutor knows about the help of you
all and apprechiates it a lot.

Thanks everyone!