[PD] what a newbie can be, thx for your patience (newbie is me///

Loislaplace at aol.com Loislaplace at aol.com
Thu Feb 5 11:27:51 CET 2004

Dans un e-mail daté du 05/02/2004 10:52:43 Paris, Madrid,
m.jones at signal.qinetiq.com wrote

> when you run pd, you can send various parameters to it to tell it how to
> behave.  these are called command line arguments or parameters.  type in
> 'pd -help' in the command prompt to see a list.

I am very new with prompt command, so I thank you again for your explanation.
So I understand that I can type in the windows prompt ("start" windows menu
c:\pd\pd -help)
to get a list. But when I do this I the pd folder open, only this.

> in order to tell pd to use the zexy library, use the '-lib' command,

so do I have to use the -lib command from the windows prompt ("start" windows
menu)

   or put
> all arguments in a batch file (a text file with the extension .bat) and run
> that.  there are plenty of examples of peoples' command line argument
> settings on their respective webpages.
>
> firstly - I'm not sure it's a good idea to run pd from within 'program
> files', I know there was an issue with spaces in the folder names a while
> ago, not completely sure.  best be safe and move whole thing to c:\pd (!)
> then run:

ok, I put pd in this place

> pd -path c:\pd\zexy -lib zexy

same problem, when I type c:\pd\zexy -lib zexy from the windows start menu it
only open the zexy folder

> this should enable zexy objects to load.  if you want the help patches to
> appear when you right click on them and press help, I managed this by
> putting the help patches in doc\5.reference\zexy\   but I'm not too sure on
> the rules of how it finds these.
>
> good luck
>
> matt

Thx again for your help matt.