[PD] A question about unique objects

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Thu Feb 5 23:32:56 CET 2004

Hello again list,

First I just want to thank you for replying and helping me with my last problem. It seems as though I have an urgent question, you all help me in your infinite wisdom, and I get so involved in fixing and improving my patches as a result of your answers, that I forget to respond with a simple thank you,
so thank you!

At any rate I have a couple of questions:
One - I want to have a patch that can be replicated but still have certan unique elements, for example delwrite~. I want to have a [delwrite~ del$0 10] where the $0 is replaced with some unique name to that instantiation of the patch. is this possable?
Two - I want to mess with specific bins in fft output. I could write an external to, say, latch onto bin numbers specified by inlet integers and output the amplitudes of the corresponding outlets. Could someone guide me, by first describing the real output of fft? Would it just be easier to use filterbanks (though much more computationaly intensive for large numbers of filters)?

Thanks for your reply,
-thewade