[PD] second monitor for GEM

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Feb 6 12:07:05 CET 2004

hi

Tom Dunstan wrote:
> hi crew
>
> i was wondering if someone could send me a hint or link to help with my GEM
> second monitor issue.

> DISPLAY=localhost:0.1; pd -guicmd "DISPLAY=localhost:0.0;
> /usr/lib/pd/bin/pd-gui" -lib Gem -lib zexy
this sounds a bit to complicated to me.

simpler:
start pd like normal
create the gemwindow on "another" display with an argument to the
create-message: [create localhost:0.1(

> also, when running a fullscreen Gem window, is their a optimal resolution?
depends on your hardware (vga-beam, tv-beam)

if you use "dimen" to set the dimension, fullscreen will try to set this
resolution first and falls back to the current resolution of your
display if it doesn't succeed:

e.g. [dimen 640 480, fullscreen 1, create( sets the resolution of the
display to 640x480 (even if the XF86Config says 1024x768) and creates
the window at this resolution
e.g. [dimen 500 500, fullscreen 1, create( will most likely fail to set
the display resolution to 500x500 and thus the windows will have a
resolution of 1024x768

mfg.a.dsr
IOhannes